At dinner tonight, we reflected on all that has happened in 2013. It has really been a lovely year. Here is our review of what has happened:
January:
Isaac & I saw the Tutankhamun Exhibit at the Pacific Science Center.
Ben & I start playing multiplayer games together - we start with Torchlight.
February:
Isaac moved from Cub Scouts to Scouts
Ben & I see Suzanne Vega in concert
Ben & I took a Financial Peace course, and started looking at money in a different way.
March:
I went to England for a week with Kristina.
I get a new niece.
April:
Camping at Deception Pass, and visiting the Tulip Festival
Isaac participated in a couple of Math Competitions, his school received 2nd position at one.
Charcoal was born - I got to see him at just 1 week old.
I get a new nephew.
May:
Camping at Sun Lakes State Park
Isaac went to Outdoor Education
Isaac and Elizabeth mowed the lawn for the first time
June:
Charcoal joined our family
Ben went to New Orleans for work
Ben went to Madrid, Spain for work
Ben & I saw They Might Be Giants in concert
Elizabeth presented her Experts Project on Marine Biology. She still wants to be a marine biologist.
Isaac went on his first overnight backpacking hike.
Isaac finishes Elementary School
July:
We went to Orcas Island, and went on a Whale Watching tour and saw Orcas
Kai went to Summer Camp and learnt about Dinosaurs
Elizabeth went to a Summer Cooking Camp, and came home with great new skills.
Isaac went to a Lego Summer camp, and made his first robotic Legos.
Mum, Anita & Simone visited us!
We went camping at Mt Rainier, while Mum & Anita stayed in a hotel at Mt Rainier.
We all went hiking on the Skyline trail at Mt Rainier.
August:
Isaac went on his first week long camp for Scouts
Elizabeth held her first Lemonade Stand
Camping at Glacier National Park
Elizabeth went to her first Paint Away Summer Camp (Ceramics)
Ben went to Australia for Work
I did the voice over for an Educational App
September:
Ben went to New Zealand for Work
Isaac starts Middle School
Isaac starts Cross Country
Kai starts 4 days a week at Kindergarten Prep
Ben & I begin running. My body has been falling apart since, it doesn't seem to be responding well to running but I have developed a love for running - Ben has been getting healthier & stronger.
Ben is promoted at work!
We get a new piano
Elizabeth starts playing the clarinet
Elizabeth joins the school choir
October:
Isaac and Elizabeth join Math Clubs
Elizabeth breaks her thumb
Ben & I celebrate 14 years of marriage.
I see "Daughter of the Regiment" at the Opera - it's my favorite since I've been attending.
Elizabeth makes it to the finals for Student Council Treasurer.
Elizabeth enters her first pie eating contest.
Ben goes hiking with Isaac and some other Scouts
November:
Elizabeth misses out on the Treasurer position for Student Council
Ben & I attend a Cheese Making workshop.
Kai graduates from his Rainbow swimming class to the Green class. This means he's swimming unassisted for a short distance.
December:
Elizabeth receives a National Merit Badge for a Math Competition.
Kai starts writing his name
We spend 2 weeks trying new foods.
It has really been a great year. Let's hope that 2014 will be much the same!
2 comments:
Wow what a great year you have all had
Love Grandma Jan
Wow that is quite an impressive year!!!! I'm sitting here exhausted just from reading about it! We pray that 2014 is even more wonderful for you guys (especially as includes a visit "home"!!!)
Love Mel
Post a Comment