Saturday, December 21, 2013

Day 9 - Eggnog

The thought of drinking egg has always put Ben & I off Eggnog.   Until I looked into Eggnog recipes, we thought the egg wasn't even cooked.   However it appears that you do heat the milk and egg, so you are not actually drinking raw egg.   That fact tipped us over the edge enough to try Eggnog as our next food.   I admit, I cheated and bought a very unhealthy, highly processed, drink from the shops rather than making my own.   It's nice to have a ready made food every now and then!

Everyone tried the Eggnog - even Kai although that did take some bribery.

Ben and Elizabeth loved it.   We had to tell Lizzy she couldn't have too much, as it's very high in calories.   To put it another way - it would take 1 hour of snowboarding to work off 1 cup of eggnog.



Isaac and I didn't mind the Eggnog, but it's not something we would choose if there was another option available.   I'd rather drink my calories in other ways.


Kai was very emphatic about the fact that Eggnog is yucky!


No comments: