Friday, December 27, 2013

An Extra Day - Just Because

We ended up trying another new food on Christmas Eve - Key Lime Pie.  


I was surprised at how easy this was to make.    It reminded me of a cheese cake, without the cream cheese. Traditionally, the base would be made from graham crackers but I have not found a nice gluten free alternative to graham crackers so I just opted for a gluten-free pre-made crust.   The filling was simply Key Lime juice and condensed milk.   The topping is meringue.

Key Limes are small limes, grown in the Florida Keys.

Kai was bribed into trying the Key Lime Pie.   As you can see he did not like it.   It was quite tart, and this four year old couldn't handle that.   He did enjoy his ice-cream, which was his reward for trying.


But, as you can see, everyone else gave it the thumbs up!




I'm very tempted to make a Key Lime Cheesecake now!

No comments: