Monday, January 21, 2008

I Want to tell you Something...

"I want to tell you something" is Lizzy's latest phrase. When she doesn't want to go to sleep you hear these words. When she's trying to delay you from leaving playtime you hear these words. It's quite often followed by "Ummm, ummm" as she madly tries to think of something to tell me.

However today we had a twist.

"Awona. Awona Awmstwong. I've got something to tell you."

She was so proud of herself as she was able to tell "something" to me...

"That's your name!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Awona,
I was talking to Jan about this, And I explained I was thinking - "If that had been us, Jan would have still been being called Awona now". Like a lot of the rest of my extended family, We take such delight in language, that a mis-pronunciation that has such charm, is immediately picked up by everyone and becomes part of the "family" language :)

Jan corrected me, and noted that /we/ would still have been using the name, the kids would have moved on long ago :)

Joe

Anonymous said...

tell me about it - for how long was I called Melian - thanks to a very cute little Ben. I still am occasionally today!!!! - mel