We often play the game "I Spy" with Isaac and Lizzy. We usually play it with colors (eg "I spy something yellow"). Today I upped the stakes and used letters.
"I spy something beginning with B. What starts with a b sound"
"Table" shouts Lizzy.
Ben & I grin at each other, but when I grin a flood of memories come back.
I remember driving in the car, when Anita was Lizzy or Isaac's age, playing the same game. She would say "I spy with my little eye something starting with B". We would reply with words like "bird", "balloon", "book" and so on. Finally we'd start saying "tree", "road", "flower" - to which she would exciting laugh and say "Yes, it's a flower" or we'd give up and she'd tell us it was a mailbox or some other object which definately did not start with B.
I loved having a little sister. Now it seems strange to be playing those same games and seeing the same responses from my own daughter.
2 comments:
I wonder if Benny remembers I Spy games of his childhood which included the overuse of adjectives...eg I spy something that begins with b s c The answer being a brown spotted cow. this naturally progressed (courtesy of his wicked father and nothing at all to do with his pure and chaste mother) to.. I spy with my little eye something that begins with g b b....being a great big bum. Joe suggests I spy with my little eye something that begins with b b t....being big bouncy....well you can fill in the rest.
Cheers jan
Jan....I'm sure he was seeing all those big bouncy tomatoes. Tomatoes bounce really well when they fall, didn't you know? ;-)
Post a Comment