Sunday, November 24, 2013

10th Birthday

Today is Lizzy's 10th birthday.   My! Time has flown, although I'm sure she thinks it's taken a long time coming around.    I remember as a child that one year was a very long time, and that the school year would never end.   Now one year seems to flash past and the kids just get bigger all the time.

We had a quiet birthday this year.   Our day started off with a rule!   No waking Mum & Dad before 7.00am.   She had asked us how early she could wake us up, as presents were going to be the first event of the day.    At 7.01, I felt a tap on my shoulder and was offered a glass of water (Ben was given a coffee).    She was thrilled with her gifts.



This afternoon, we had cake for afternoon tea.   She didn't want to choose a cake this year.  Instead she wanted to be surprised.    So I decided that I would make her a piano cake.     




 
 
It was also a hit.
 
Tonight, we are heading out for dinner to celebrate 10 years.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Hey Lizzy - Happy birthday - you wouldn't believe what cake I had on my 10th birthday - exactly the same as yours!!! Hope you had a great day!
Love Mel

Rona said...

That's so funny! It's from the Women's Weekly Children's Birthday Cake Book. It was Mum's and now it's in my collection. I think we use it most years.