Our daughter is a shopaholic. There is no other word for it. She does not need to be shopping for herself although this is the preferred outcome. Today I went shopping for a present for a baby shower. I barely had a moment to look for something as I was being constantly told "Mummy, look at this. Do you think she would like this?"; "Mummy, this is sooo pretty - can we buy this for the baby?"; "Do you think our baby would like this one?; We could buy this for our baby and the baby we are going to see!"; "Look Mummy, it's a SALE!!!!".
Nearly every shopping expedition lately has become like this - whether it's buying clothes for me and my expanding belly ("Mummy, look this is green. Green is your favorite color - do you like it?") or whether it's for groceries ("Mummy, look it says it's on sale!"; Look Mummy, it says buy one get one free!) Ahh - the joys that come when a child learns to read!
I complained to Ben today that I don't know where she learnt to shop like she does - shopping is certainly not a favorite occupation of mine. He claims it's a recessive gene that comes from a certain grandmother ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment