This is a phrase we hear from Isaac quite often, especially when talking to someone he doesn't know too well. Usually, when we hear this we know he's about to tell someone about Pokemon.
However, on Friday, he met Lizzy's Kindermusik teacher for the first time. During stamp time, he went up to her and said the usual "Can I tell you something?" I was thinking we were about to hear about Pokemon again when he said "My mummy has a baby in her tummy. We're going to have a baby after my birthday."
I've got to say I was taken by surprise as he's not usually one to give out too much information. It's sort of nice to know that a new baby and Pokemon rank up at the same level of interest.
2 comments:
Considering the high esteem in which he holds Pokemon this really is a compliment!!! I have a student at work in year 6 who I am helping with his reading. We are currently reading a Pokemon guide book together which has statitics and information on each character. My student has tried to explain to me how it all works but I think it is rather beyond me. I have much respect for a six year old who understands it all!!! And I'm glad he's excited about his new sibling as well - I know we are!!! - Mel
It is a compliment, isn't it? :)
Isaac loves reading his guidebook too. He often reads it to me at night time for bedtime stories. Although I'm not into Pokemon it's great for him because he's been learning how to read numbers in the hundreds as well as pounds, feet & inches (which is a good lesson for me too!)
Post a Comment