On Valentines Day, the receptionist at Speech Therapy asked Isaac if he had a girlfriend. After moments pause he replied "Lizzy is my girl friend." There was a collective sigh and comments of "What a sweetheart".
However, obviously alot of thought has gone into this question over the past couple of weeks. We were in the car yesterday, and we got into a conversation about last names. He thought the story about how our last name came about was very cool. That turned into a conversation about how girls have the option to use thier husbands last name when they marry. In the middle of all of this he suddenly says "I'll marry Grace if she is still my friend when we grow up because she is my girl friend." Yes...he's still a sweetheart.
I'm so glad I'm dealing with girl friends rather than girlfriends. I still need a few more years to prepare for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment