Monday, March 24, 2008

Bloomin' Spring

Spring is here. The daffodils are blooming, and all the other bulbs are about to bloom. Within a few weeks my garden will be full of tulip blooms, and soon after the roses will appear. I love this time of year.

However, this afternoon, it felt more like saying "bloomin' spring" rather than spring blooming. Just picture one child with a potted daffodil in hand, running and screaming "No, no, it's mine" with the other in chase, in tears, screaming "no, I want it!". My peaceful spring image was quite distorted, although I could not help but laugh. Once I pulled myself together I had to go and intervene. "Isaac. The daffodil is Lizzy's. She picked it out today at the nursery for her garden. Perhaps you'd like to come and choose another flower and we can work out where to put it."

Thank goodness he was willing to cooperate, and once the tears had been dried, we were back to the work of making Spring bloom.

No comments: