Isaac needed new shoes, so today we went shopping. Lizzy decided that she wanted new shoes too. I explained that Isaac only had one pair of shoes and he'd grown out of them. She, on the other hand, had 4 pair of shoes which fit her perfectly. I ended this with a question "Who needs the new shoes, Isaac who only has 1 pair that don't fit, or Lizzy who has 4 pair of shoes?"
The answer: "I need 5 pairs"
Despite the protests, we did only come home with a pair of shoes for Isaac. She was not happy with the outcome, but such is life.
2 comments:
Oh how I wish so often that Lizzie and Maddie saw more of each other.....but then..... Yesterday Em, Maddie and I were out shopping in Kmart. Em was looking for a new pair of weekend shoes. Maddie says in emphatic tones. Just look at these shoes Mummy, pointing to her own sandals (which she has had for a little while and are not "new" but are just fine). Do you know how long I have had these shoes. I've had them for 35 minutes (said as if this is a lifetime) and they are just so old. I need new ones and off she went to choose a new pair enlisting the help of Grandma to reach shoes for her to try on.Yes Maddie got a new pair of shoes and Em left with none.
Cheers Grandma Jan
I think we'd all be broke ;)
Post a Comment