Saturday, February 16, 2008

Little Gordon's

We have a population crisis. Today I discovered 22 new baby fish in our 10 gallon fish tank. This is on top of the 3 adults, and 6 babies we already have. As a result of our over-population problem, we have bought a new 26 gallon tank. It's really quite a nice one, with a stand and all. I think it will become the girls tank. Boys will be banned to the smaller tank.

Whilst setting up the new tank, I mentioned to Ben that it was Dad's birthday today. He quickly dubbed the babies "Little Gordon's."

So dad I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday, and as a honour we have named 22 babies after you. Yes - even the girls, although maybe once we work out which ones are really girls they can be called Gordona's.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's a stupid question - how on earth do you tell the difference between a girl Gordon and a boy Gordon? (the fish variety that is - no offence to Mr Seeman meant!)Second stupid question - how on earth do you keep them alive? We had two gold fish in a tank and they were dead within 3 months!! Maybe we should come over and get some lessons from you guys. - Mel

Rona said...

The bottom fin is different on the boys and girls. The boys' fin is thin and close to their body, while the girls' fin is fan shaped.

Not sure how they are staying alive..although I have to report that one of our big ones died this morning.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss!!! and thanks for the lovely fish information!! Next time I see one (fish that is) I will have a closer look!- Mel