Monday, December 25, 2006

Gluten Free Custard Kisses

My lovely husband rarely gets a mention here, but these were made especially for him. I thought I'd share them with you too.





Gluten Free Custard Kisses

Ingredients
1 cup Icing Sugar
2 tablespoons Sugar
8oz Butter
4 tablespoons Milk
1/2 teaspoons Salt
2 1/2 cups Gluten Free Flour (I used a mix of 2/3 rice, 1/6 tapioca, 1/6 potato rice flour)
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 cup custard powder (not all custard powder is GF, so check first)

Ingredients for Cream
2 oz butter
2 tablespoons custard powder
2 tablespoons icing sugar

Method
1. Cream the icing sugar, sugar & butter
2. Add milk and salt. Mix.
3. Sift in GF Flour & custard powder. Mix until blended
4. Form mixture into small balls and place on cookie tray
5. Press each roll with a floured fork
6. Bake in a moderate oven for 10-12 minutes (350F or 175c)
7. Allow cookies to cool
8. Blend the ingredients for the cream together.
9. Use a knife to "butter" the cream onto a cookie, and then join.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a spoilt boy that husband of yours is. I have printed off the recipe but they look just too wicked this close to Christmas
Thanks jan