Saturday, November 25, 2006

Three Years

Elizabeth turned three yesterday.

When I think over the last three years, it seems like so much has changed. I've seen Lizzy grow from a tiny helpless baby, into a little lady who thinks she can do anything and everything. (Even swimming without our assistance in a fast moving river. Naturally we didn't allow that little show of independance.) Isaac has grown from a toddler to a little boy, who is now going to preschool, and will start Kindergarten next year. Since Lizzy was born, we've bought a house in the USA. It gives a more permanent feeling to living here, even though that is not certain. We've been home to Australia twice, and have had friends and family come to stay with us a few times too.

Relatively speaking though, the last three years have been peaceful. The three years prior to Lizzy being born make everything pale in comparison. It's hard to believe that in those three years, I fell pregnant, Ben was offered a job in California, we sold our house, cars & possessions, moved countries, had a baby, Ben was offered a job in Washington, moved states, had a miscarriage, then fell pregnant with Lizzy. Whoo. That's it...I think.

It just goes to show that we never really know what is in store for us in our lives. However, our family believes that God has us in his hands and we will trust the next three years to Him. Shall I add in here, that three more years of quiet would suit me fine though.















And just to show you how our little girl is no longer helpless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, time sure does fly! Miss you guys! Happy birthday Lizzie!

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday to Lizzie!!!
She looks just beautiful and so confident in all her pics ( :