Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thankful

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day.

These days I know alot about the history and traditions of Thanksgiving. I suppose it's what happens when a non-American comes across a traditional holiday and wonders what on earth all the fuss is about.

This year, we are having our own Thanksgiving. The turkey is in the freezer, waiting to go in tomorrow morning. We've baked a pecan pie and a pumpkin pie. Tomorrow we will make mashed potatoes, gravy, garlic beans and baked sweet potato.

But more importantly we have a day in which we can reflect on those things we are thankful for. We are thankful for our children and our families. Lizzy and Isaac bring so much joy to our lives, with their laughter, seriousness and mischief. We are thankful for the opportunities we have been given, and the support of our parents in our adventures. There is so much to be thankful for. I could go on and on.

Tomorrow, we will ask Isaac and Lizzy what are some of the things they are thankful for. I can picture the scene already. Lizzy will say "Mummy and Daddy, Isaac and Elizabeth and Cleo". Isaac will look around the room and say "the windows and the roof". Not to be outdone, Lizzy will then add "and the lights and the table".

Yes...we do have alot to be Thankful for.

No comments: