Sunday, May 04, 2014

Zoo Trip

Fridays are special days for me.   Friday is the only day where Kai and I are at home alone with no other commitments.   I like to try and do something special on Fridays but it hit me the other day that we only have 6 more Fridays left.

In 6 more weeks it will be Summer holidays and the big kids will be home from school.   And then Kai goes off to school.   There will be no more Fridays, and I feel sad about that.

Don't get me wrong.   I love having all my children at home, and I love doing stuff during the holidays with them.   But the end of these 6 weeks will be the end of an era.   For the past 12 years I have had a young child in my house, who wanted to visit the zoo, or the aquarium or the park.   And we could because we had time during the day.    Now those big trips will be reserved for holidays and weekends.   It will be fun.   But it will be different.

Last Friday we went to the Zoo.   It was great.   We walked and ran.   Kai climbed and chatted.   I got to take lots of photos of Kai and of the animals.   It was a wonderful day.   But it was probably our last Friday trip to the zoo.    Will I renew our membership next year?   I don't know.   Will I go to the zoo by myself to enjoy the animals and practice photography?   Maybe.   Will we go as a family enough times during the year to make membership worthwhile?   Maybe.  So much change is coming.   Life is about change.   I think next year will be different for me.   I'm kind of excited about what the new school year will hold.  

But, I really think I'm going to miss our Fridays.





















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Mum you are Werona and how lucky are your children and your parents in law. Love Jan

Mel said...

I know how you feel. I lost "mummy Thursday" (Elijah coined the term not me) 2 and a bit years ago now. I used to have Ana and Elijah on Thursday. Then it dropped to just Ana but then she started kindy so Caroline worked while she was at kindy. Now she is in prep meaning all of my darling kids, neices and nephews are in big school uniforms.Now it is just work every day :(. So we wait for the next era. In just 3 and a half short years the first one will (hopefully) be out of a school uniform and starting uni!