We celebrated his birthday on Tuesday afternoon with the family. As per our usual custom, it was just a family party but we had lots of fun. This year Kai chose to have a Skylanders theme. This was hit and miss - as he kept on changing his mind. However, on the weekend prior we made him choose, bought some Skylander party stuff and said that the theme was locked in.
As you can see, Kai was extremely pleased with his birthday theme!
You may have noticed that in these photos Kai is wearing a large magicians hat. In the game of Skylanders, the player gets to choose hats for their character. So we decided that all party guests were going to get a hat to wear. Kai went to the Party shop with me, and we found a large collection of silly hats. Kai picked each one and allocated the hats to each of us. I think he made great choices!
And we can't miss out on the cake.
This was the first time I have ever used fondant when making a cake. It was a learning experience, but lots of fun. I think it turned out pretty good for a first attempt. I think fondant will appear in future cakes I make for the kids.
1 comment:
Brilliant! I love the hats. They really suit each family member. I don't want to think which hats he have have chosen for his grandparents.
Love Grandma Jan
Post a Comment