Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Daddy to the Rescue

Yesterday evening I was talking to Ben on the phone as he was driving home. We hung up just as he was coming down our street. When I hung up, I heard sobbing. It was Lizzy. I had sent her for a bath about 20 minutes beforehand. I ran to the bathroom - it was the heart-wrenching kind of sob. I turned the handle, and I tried again. It was locked. "Mummy - I can't open the door". I look, and it's not the butter knife kind of lock breaking. I had no idea but luckily Daddy was home. I was so thankful I was able to reassure her that Daddy was home and he was going to get her out. He bought up his handy little screw driver and opened the door in a jiffy. There's nothing like a naked 6 year old who jumps on her daddy, thanking him for being her rescuer.

No comments: