Thursday, February 04, 2010

What shall you I call you?

When Elizabeth was born, she suited her name. As her personality developed she became Lizzy or Lizzy Lou to her daddy. However, the other day she announced that she wanted to be called Beth. She made her Kindermusik teacher write Lizzy~Beth on her new material and she wrote Beth on her snack for school. I've called her Beth, once or twice, but it is so hard. She giggled at me each time, which tells me that she's not used to hearing it either. I've noticed that she still refers to herself as Lizzy too.

I'm not sure if I should tell her teacher. Is this just a phase? Will she want to be called something different next year? I think for now I'll just try to say Elizabeth most of the time so that when she settles on something permanent it won't be as hard. Lizzy to Beth is hard to remember, but I think Elizabeth to Beth won't be as bad. Or maybe this too shall pass?

1 comment:

Jan A said...

Only time will tell. She may be like our kids with several names depending on the occasion, like Ben Benny Benjy Benjamin David or her auntie, Em Emma Kate Katie Emma Kate. I must confess that out of all my names, I like being called Grandma Jan the best.