Can I make a confession?
I really dislike Valentines Day in America.
Valentines Day in America is so commercialised and it's all about telling people how much you love them, even when you don't. Spouses get Valentines (I'm OK with this one), parents & grandparents get Valentines (sorry grandparents - my kids are 1/2 Australia - you get the Australian treatment!), children get Valentines, all your classmates get Valentines, all your teachers get Valentines and you can even send Valentines to your friends. Valentines might be small or you can spend a fortune if you wish.
A typical valentine to give to classmates is a card with a lollipop threaded through it. You write the recipents name and your name on the back of the card. However, it seems quite wrong when Isaac is completing his school valentines and says to me "Ana is mean. Which valentine should I give to her?"
1 comment:
What a nightmare - who would live in such a crazy country. Sounds like Christmas here when, by the time your kid has received a card with a candy cane or similar in it from all of the 49 other students in their classroom, they are past the sugar high and virtually comatose and in drastic need of insulin. I have the luxury of food allergy kids where I can say "sorry guys, no ingredients listed on this one, safer if we hang it on the tree as a decoration instead of eating it!!!" - Good luck getting through it you guys! - Mel
Post a Comment