Thursday, June 05, 2008

Mum & Dad

I have fallen from grace. My name is no longer Mummy. I am now called Mum. Ben has also taken the tumble with me.

What has surprised me though, is that it's Lizzy who's made the change. To Isaac, we are still mummy and daddy.

One part of me smiles, and thinks "oh my she is growing up" while the other part of me is sad whilst thinking the exact same thought.

The funny part to all of this is that I'm "Mum" if she wants something, especially if she's calling from a distance. However, for quiet times, I'm still Mummy. It's like she's sitting on the edge of little girl and baby. I think I'd like to just teeter here for a little longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have had that with Jess but not Em so much. Jess is definately a big boy now - we haven't been mummy and daddy for a while. Em however is still mummy's little girl. I think the age of 5 really sees the last of the babyness disappear. Beth turned 5 in May and she seems like such a big girl now. It is the same for us with Lijy heading towards 2. He is more and more of a toddler and less of the litte baby we brought home (it only seems like yesterday). It is sad in lots of ways but fun to watch them go through all the stages. Underneath the sadness it is really great to see them developing normally and healthily!!! - Mel