Saturday, October 27, 2007

Happy Birthday

It's been many years now, but I remember the day my little sister was born.

Owen & I were staying at the van Drunen's house, and were thrilled when the phone call came in just after 10.00pm saying we had a little sister. We were thrilled, not just because we had our new baby but because that new baby was a sister. We had vowed that if she had been a boy we would not call him by Mum & Dad's chosen name, and by having a sister Mum had successfully avoided that argument. We were definately happy to have an "Anita" rather than a "Warren".

I remember going to the hospital, and seeing her all swaddled up in her little cot. We had a little card with her name on it, and the nurse wheelled her over to the big window and we got to oooh & ahhh at a close but "safe" range. (Obviously we were all covered in big nasty germs in those days).

I don't remember too much about you coming home Anita but I do remember you being a toddler and many of the "growing up" years. I remember you telling me that my hair cut made me look like a mummy - and no I was not impressed about that idea. I can even remember the green dress I was wearing that day.

Anyway - I wanted to say Happy Birthday Anita!

Have a great day.

No comments: