Friday, September 07, 2007

Put in my place

We were all in the car last night, and Isaac was telling Ben all about his day at school. I interrupted and asked him a relevant question about school.

His response was "Mummy I want to tell you something." I was having a silent moment of thrill, because lately everything has been about Daddy, Daddy, Daddy. My daydreaming was immediately squashed as he continued with "I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to Daddy".

Oh dear - I was certainly put in my place. Ben immediately asked the same question I had just asked and Isaac responded with full details. Ben & I just looked at each other and laughed. We know who's the favoured parent at the moment, don't we?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet that Benny is really loving being the favoured parent. I remember when Lizzy would only have her Mummy and Daddy just wasn't good enough.Now if it was me in that situation I would immediately make sure that "Daddy" got to do all the fun stuff like make them clean up their toys, brush teeth etc....hey..you use whatever opportunities you are given. Every cloud has a silver lining.
Love Jan A