Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Opening Minds

Isaac in now in his 3rd week of Kindergarten.

What I love about Kindergarten is watching Isaac's mind grow. Preschool was more about social development but kindergarten is more acedemic, which seems to suit Isaac down to the ground. For the last couple of days I've asked him about his day and the little mouth starts to work. It seems that the highlight of his day is Science. They appear to be learning about fish at the moment, as all last week I've heard about fish. Isaac came home on Friday and said "I want to tell you something Mummy. Did you know that fish have GILLS?" (said with awe in his voice).

You have to understand here, that prior to this year, it was so difficult to get anything out of him about his day. Last year my standard response was "I ate a snack and don't remember anything else". After he realised that I was always asking "So what did you eat for snack time?" his response was changed to "I ate a snack but don't know what it was and don't remember anything else".

I love Kindergarten! And so, it appears, does Isaac.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of Jesse - he loved the science part of yr 1 coming home with all sorts of facts. The first term theme was insects and we all learnt words like 'thorax'!!!! Our knowledge (through Jesse)has grown ever since.
I picked mum and dad up at the airport this morning and have been hearing lovely stories about their time in Seatle and in particular lots of lovely Isaac and Lizzy stories. - Mel