For over 6 months now Isaac has been having swimming lessons. He loves to swim, but to be honest the learning part was going very slowly.
He's been able to put his head under the water for a while, but just hadn't got the idea of kicking, blowing bubbles and moving his arms at the same time. Last week I watched him at his lessons, and he had almost got it but kept on curling up instead of stretching out long under the water.
However, on Friday - he did it! It was so sudden. He just went under, stretched out, kicked his legs and moved his arms. He swam all by himself for about 2 metres! Whoo Hoo Isaac!
And then there was no stopping him. While he was waiting for his turn with the teacher, under he'd go and swim, swim, swim.
He's growing up so quickly.
1 comment:
YAH!!!! Hooray for Isaac. Isn't it wonderful to watch those first achievements and don't kids just leap forward after those few faltering steps. They seem to go from not quite getting it all together to flying solo unbelievably fast. I was telling Benn today that just 3 weeks ago Maddie was really quite scared of our pool. She really wanted to be in it but didn't want to get too wet or to go under the water further than about her knees.Well she has been staying here and swimming pretty often with me.She has slowly gone from hugging me so tight she nearly cut off the blood supply to today when her feet touched the bottom and she grinned from ear to ear telling everyone, I am touching the bottom !!!! This quickly became hold my hand and dance with me Jan, followed by, "I need music" which meant I had to sing as well as dance in the pool.
Yes I agree. They grow up too fast for us but not for them.
Love Jan
Post a Comment