Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Sharing

We are a sharing family. We've obviously have taught our children well, by example. Lizzy has kindly shared her bug with me, I've shared with Isaac and now he's shared it with Ben.

I've got to say though - when Ben gets sick he gets sick with flair.

Tonight he tells me that he's feeling queazy - not the news I wanted to hear. Within half an hour he tells me that he needs to go to the bathroom because he's going to be sick. Delightful.

I follow him, and ask if he would like company while being sick. He's not sure, so I decide to follow. Lucky for him I'm a caring wife, who's seen so much vomit this week that I'm feeling pretty immune. Next moment he sits on the footstool and annouces that he's going to faint - and promptly does so.

It was a new experience for me - to catch someone fainting. And of course he had to fall backwards. I have a secret to share with you - this husband of mine is no lightweight.

He's not been sick yet - he's just a ticking timebomb.

3 comments:

Syphen said...

Sick men - not good to have around in my experience. So glad you are unable to share with us over here this particular time. Hope it is a fast working and quick to leave bug and you are all healthy again in no time. Our love to the ticking timebomb, Elizabeth (we hope her energy stays in her body and stops jumping into the bucket, Isaac and the long suffering tummy bug fixing mummy Werona.

Get well soon - Mel

Anonymous said...

Oh Werona you have all my sympathy. There is surely nothing worse than a sick male. I was particularly amused by the fact that after fainting on the bathroom floor and unable to get up he was able to call his father in Australia to share the experience and was not impressed that I was not available to hand out sympathy too.
Poor sick baby!!!!!!
Love Jan

Anonymous said...

Boo it's not our fault we get sicker than you lot :P
Get well soon all