You might have noticed that I've not been posting much here. I've been super busy lately running my new cooking blog http://www.cookiesorbiscuits.com/
I started the new blog because I wanted to write a cookbook of all my favorite family recipes. The idea bloomed, and I spoke to lady who runs a self-publishing company. She suggested that I needed a website to help with marketing. It's kind of gone a little further than what I think she imagined!
I've been busy cooking, photographing and posting blog posts. What I didn't realize was all the background work that I had to do too. Every day, I hit social media sites to promote the blog. So far it's going well and my cooking blog is getting about 200-400 hits a day. Hopefully, when I do write that dreamed of book, some of those people will buy my book! That's the plan anyway.
It's kind of turned into a part-time job - just without pay at the moment. Maybe one day I might bring in a little income though! I can dream, right?
So that's what I've been doing!
I've been asked by some family members about how they can help me so I've put this little list together...
Following my blog on different media sites actually helps me the most. The more people who "follow" me, the more professional it looks.
Doing any of the following things, or telling other people about them, can help me.
1. You can follow me on Bloglovin. I love this website - I just search on the names of blogs I like to read and I get an email each day with all their new posts. I even can follow Ben's personal one. If you want to follow mine go to: You can also search for Life and Family of an Expat Mummy, and follow this blog!
2. You can see my photos on Instagram. I try to take a photo of food I'm working on - so you get to see a preview of upcoming recipes.
3. You can follow me on Twitter - my ID is ausrona.
4. You can see my gallery, and like my photos on Foodgawker. The higher the number of hearts, the more likely people are to go an look at my recipe. This is the website that drives most of my traffic to my website. If you want a new recipe to try, Foodgawker is the place to go. I love this website - it's where I go for inspiration on how to take photos too!
5. You can follow me on Facebook Getting my numbers up here will eventually help drive my numbers up!
6. You can follow me on Pinterest. This website can be addictive if you like looking at photographs or if you have a project you are working on and need some inspiration! Beware :)
I also post my photos and blog posts on StumbleUpon and Tastespotting. These two are fairly new for me, so I'm kind of just working them out.
The other thing you can do to help my new little adventure is to post comments on my blog. If you've made the dish tell everyone if you like it! A simple "I've made this and it's delicious!" can really help!
No comments:
Post a Comment