I love our schools grade 2 spelling program. During the year, a group of volunteer parents come into the classroom and work through spelling lists with the children. Any words they get wrong go onto their weekly spelling lists - so it's personalised spelling for each child.
Elizabeth's class are amazing spellers. There are some children who are lagging behind but a large number of them are into the harder spelling lists, our girl included.
This week Elizabeth's words are:
eventually
flies
foreign
formerly
fortunately
guarantee
almost
hilarious
imagination
impatient
inference
I've got to admit that I'm impressed with her spelling ability.
I've had the joy of marking the spelling tests weekly this year. It's been a volunteer job that I have loved doing. I get so excited when I see a student who was previously stuggling, find their way. And I get all concerned when a student suddenly goes from getting perfect marks and then only just passing, then suddenly doing well again. What just happened in their life, to go through such a dramatic dip?
I think I'm going to miss spelling next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment