Thursday, February 02, 2012

Al Naturale

When someone has a minor ailment in our household, I tend to explore natural options before I look for strong chemical/medical options.

Hence, when Elizabeth told me that her head was itching and I discovered large clumps of dry skin through her hair - I looked for a natural remedy as our first step.

Last night, we tried a honey & banana scalp mask. It certainly smelt good when we put it on, and she wore it for 30 minutes.

What I did not realise was how hard it would be to get banana out of her hair! We rinsed, and rinsed and then rinsed some more. Then we brushed and rinsed even more. Finally, I decided to try drying her hair - hoping that banana wasn't going to get cooked onto her hair. Luckily, that seemed to do the trick. Once the banana and hair was dry, it was much easier to brush out.

The good news - her scalp is definately looking better today. Although, if we do a natural remedy for dry scalp again, I think we might try the yogurt instead.

No comments: