Friday, April 30, 2010

Maths Challenge

Each afternoon I look through the kids folders. Often there are bits of art or worksheets. Today I pulled out a piece of paper from Lizzy's bag. "Lizzy? Did you do this?" "Yes - Ms Beaver gave me a math challenge."

On a sheet of paper were the following...

37 + 4 + _ = 43
25 + _ = 45
100 + _ = 326
79 + 4 + _ = 88
473 - _ = 421
888 - _ = 726

Lizzy had gone through and filled in all the blanks. She got them all right, except the last where she was wrong by 10. "I like math Mum".

I suggested that perhaps she might grow up to be an accountant like her Aunty because they deal with math. She liked the sound of that.

It appears she's got her math skills from her Daddy - because they certainly haven't come from me.

2 comments:

Jan A said...

Wow!! How good is that!! Go Lizzy
Cheers Grandma Jan

Anonymous said...

Clever girl!! Sounds like our Luke who also LOVES maths (and is good at it too). If the maths gene comes from the Armstrong side, it certainly skipped me!! I think accountant is the last job in the world I would choose. Lucky there are Lizzy's out there who enjoy that sort of thing. - Mel