Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Diaper Rash

The other week, Isaac was standing next to me while I was changing Kai's diaper. As I wiped Kai's bum, I said "It looks like Kai is starting to get a little bit of a diaper rash."

Isaac was unusually concerned about this and asked me if we needed to call the doctors. I explained that all I needed to do was put some cream on his bottom and it would be alright. "Then why is it in the Emergency Book?" I had forgotton that Isaac had been reading "Treating Childhood Emergencies and Illnesses", a free book that was sent to us from Seattle Children's Hospital. There was a page on dealing with diaper rash and Isaac was concerned that we had an emergency. It was quite cute that he was so worried for his brother.

Our boy will read nearly anything he can put his hands on these days. Only yesterday, he found a Real Simple magazine and was reading about how to save money by doing some simple repair jobs at home. A 7 year old fountain of knowledge does come in handy somedays :)

No comments: