We have laughter!
Three days ago, Kai laughed for the first time. I just love the sound of baby laughs. They start at the bottom of their tummies and spread over their whole faces. The beauty of it all is that it doesn't take much to get a baby to laugh. You don't need to tell a joke, you don't even have to be funny - you just have to be you and let him enjoy life.
Both Ben & I were present for his first laugh, although he really laughed at Ben. Ben was pointing to himself, Kai and I, saying our names and touching our noses. He laughed for a second and then had a startled look on his face, as if to say "Where did that noise come from?"
He laughed again for Ben yesterday, when Ben was saying "Jump" and lifting him up in the air.
Today he laughed for me alone, for the first time. Kai was being carried by Ben but he was looking at me. I just smiled at him and he laughed. And my heart melted for the hundreth time.
No comments:
Post a Comment