Saturday, December 22, 2007

Sandwiches

Just lately, Isaac has been wanting some variations to his usual peanut & butter sandwiches. We've tried it with the usuals such as jam and honey, but yesterday he wanted something different.

"Mummy, can I have peanut butter and vegemite?"

I told him I didn't think it would taste nice but he still wanted it. I ended up putting peanut butter on half and vegemite on the other and then cut off a slither of each. He put those slithers together and gobbled it up. The verdict? Yummy! So the rest of the sandwich was placed together and eaten.

Maybe his dual nationality is coming out in his eating habits...a sandwich which is a little Australian and a little American in flavour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peanut Paste and Promite sandwiches were a staple diet food of Josh's throughout primary school so perhaps it is in the genes!!!! (Josh didn't like vegemite and peanut butter was of course always peanut paste when we were kids so the terminology is different but otherwise the same!!!) I wouldn't know if it was passed down to my kids because of course we don't have peanut paste at our house!!!! Enjoy your sandwiches Isaac. - Mel