Saturday, June 02, 2007

Spider

Ben & I were chatting when suddenly we hear:

"Look Mummy! A spider!"

Lizzy holds out her hands and proudly displays her spider to us. "What do spiders like to eat?"

"They like to eat insects, Lizzy. But did you know, if you find a spider you shouldn't pick it up. It's better to leave it where it is. Or if you have to move it, move it back to somewhere it would like to live."

"Where do spiders live?"

"Outside." Although this one is a house spider, I'd much rather see it outside.

So Lizzy takes the spider outside, and as we close the door she puts on her best mummy voice.

"Now don't come back inside."


3 comments:

Emma Kate said...

She's so brave!!!! I would never have picked up a spider... (well at least I wouldn't now). Were you worried that it might bite her? Did you panic at all? Em

Anonymous said...

Obviously you don't live in Australia where in the same situation I yell. "Put it down..what have I told you about spiders? Does it have a red stripe on its back? Quick get daddy to stand on it." Werona you are so calm and collected!!!! - Mel

Rona said...

No - no panic here. Our spiders are pretty harmless. But Ben & I were commenting that we'll need to watch out when we're back in Australia. We've already done the talk about not touching spiders or snakes in Australia. (They went to the zoo the other week and got to touch a snake!)