One thing I love about the weather warming (and drying) up is that we have more opportunities to get out to our local nature trails. Today, we headed out to the Redmond Watershed Preserve. It was about a 45 minute (child-paced) walk, filled with lots of exciting things to see. The highlight was seeing a snake slithering off the path into the wetlands. Isaac was thrilled and has told everyone about the black snake that looked like it was cut down the middle with a yellow line. As exciting as our walk was, I'm glad we didn't have the excitement of a jogger who came off one of the longer trails. He told us to be careful if using the trail he'd been on because had nearly run into a black bear.
Here are some photos of our walk.

Isaac is my trail blazer. Normally a boy who'd rather be sitting quietly, once he's on a walk he's wanting to take off ahead of everyone.

On the other hand, Lizzy, who seems to never stop moving, is constantly stopping to touch or admire something.
3 comments:
Thanks for the photos. Oh Boy Those two kids have really grown sooo much.
I loved my phone call about the snake.I am kind of glad that it wasn't a phone call about a bear.
Happy walking.You sure live in a very beautiful country.
Love Grandma Jan
Hi dear niece. Looking forward to your visit. You have an amazing talent for describing your life & events. Perhaps you are destined to write books. Love, hugs & kisses, Ralph & Marg
What a beautiful place you live in. We would love to visit. Jesse is into game shows at the moment and always asks me "what would you do if you won $99 999 mum" Of course top of the list - visit Ben and Werona!!! The more I see of Seatle the more I'd like to see in person. I'd like to see a certain 4 people in Seatle too even more than the scenery!!!! - Mel
Post a Comment